środa, 27 lipca 2011
There's apparently no summer in Poland this year. Therefore enjoy another black&white outfit.
I was more in an edgy mood, maybe because of weather, I don't know but one thing is certain, the damn light was impossible to work with, that's why I'm apologizing for ridiculous amount of shadows.
skirt, blouse: H&M
sequin blazer: Vila
wtorek, 26 lipca 2011
1. I remember when in 2008 everybody was so obsessed about 80's glam rock trend, Balmain back then was something untouchable no one dared to say a single bad word about the fashion house. Every fashionista had to have at least one piece with shoulder pads or Balmain-esque rich beaded item. Emmanuel Alt and Carie roitfield were mesmerized with Decarni, cameras' flash followed him everywhere he goes, and there wasn't a single A list celebrity who didn't make a public appearance in Balmain. Within time though, like every trend 80's rock had to pass, but Bal main stayed pretty the same. Each season I see same glam rockability style, ripped skinny pants, shoulder padded mini dress with draperies/beadings. I admit it's effortlessly chic but its Balmain it should get better, different and most importantly it should evolve.
2. Do you remember Pierre Bail main, the founder of the house? His design was all about feminine silhouette and beautiful detailing. His clients included some of the world's most elegant and best-dressed women, such as Katherine Hepburn, Vivien Leigh, Merlene Dietrich. How did Balmain's classic heritage turn into punk rock, ripped and studded leather coats and mini dresses? I can understand that when a young designer wants to give a brand new image he’s trying to do something else, new and hip, but take an example of Phoebe Philo for Celine she made a brand so desirable but kept the house's credibility.
3. Decarni could still justify his 80’s styled collections each seasons when dresses were still beautifully detailed and had wonderful beadings. However in spring 2011 show he let models on catwalk wearing basic t-shirts with pins , skinny jeans, leather jacket with studs, printed tees, ripped shorts and stockings, and old denim. We buy luxury expecting them to be high quality and expensive looking then again can destroyed denim shorts and ripped stocking give us a desired look?
4. Is it me or is Balmain trying to trick us? Beside the fact that 8 latest collections look like they're from the same catwalk, they want to charge us 1,625 $ for a basic t-shirt with holes in it.
5. Seriously 1,625$ for a t-shirt?!
photos from: style.com, , my -fashionbank.com , refinery29.com
piątek, 22 lipca 2011
czwartek, 21 lipca 2011
piątek, 15 lipca 2011
Everyone has been obsessing over Givenchy's latest couture collection. I get it, it's a perfect example of couture collection, all those beadings and feathers and amazing craftmanship is impecable, but to be honest did Ricardo Tisci bring anything new to the table? I have the feeling that I've seen it all before.
Givenchy couture fall 2010
fringes against lightweight sheer fabric plus lots of beadings
sheernes, fringes, beadings
origami patterns on sheer fabric
origami inspired cut
I must admit, Tici is a genius I would rob a bank to buy one of those dreses if I have enough money to buy a gun, but I would like to see something new or at least in different colour pallete. I showed those photos to my "non-fashion" friend and the reply I got was "Aren't those the same dresses u showed me last time?". Compare it yourself.
środa, 13 lipca 2011
I love H&M for their cheap clothing, but those gold pants are beyond everything! It was a love from a first sight, and what would look good wth metalic pants if not metalic everything else?! The shoes I'm wearing are silver with lucite wedge nd they are GENIUS so much that I bought a size bigger that's why there's no side shot.
blouse: Christopher Kane for Topshop
shoes: Nine West
wtorek, 12 lipca 2011
I've tried to resist the season's biggest trend but it seems impossible. The idea of mixing bright colours toghether is very cheerful and perfect for summer. So after seeing many fellow bloggers posing in their green shoes and pink/orange prada tees, I wanted to give it a try myslef.
dress worn as top: H&M
shoes: Pierre Hardy